Sunday, December 4, 2011

All you need is love

From a prompt at paper coterie:  "Today, focus on love.  Feel it.  Be it.  Capture it.  Share it."


A present from my boyfriend, who carried it out
of the woods in New Hampshire after a hike


Some women may receive gifts such as jewelry, perfume, roses and chocolate.  My boyfriends give me rocks.  No, not those kind catching the light in its many diamond facets on your finger.

Rocks.  Don brought me a white quartz one, about the same size as the one above, from Maine.  Warren delivered a boulder.

They are in my garden, placed carefully in the flower bed at the end of my driveway.

Sometimes, it surprises me that on this road with frequent pedestrians, that no one has taken them.

You see, I'm not a material girl.  I want things from the heart.