Friday, December 2, 2011

Every step you take

Another prompt from shutter sisters.  As they explain, "Today, I encourage you to think about your story.  Study your past.  Look back upon your own stepping stones.  Remember that you have been led to this place. That you have traveled far to get here.  That every part of your journey holds some responsibility in why you are here.

Let's see some sort of stone or pathway or your own feet even...something that honors every step."




Both images from White Horse Beach, Plymouth, MA



Kelly and I, at about age 5, but separated by 28 years




One of the biggest joys in my life is my daughter, Kelly.  How did I get so lucky?  I often look admirably and astonishingly at her and think, "Where did this girl come from?"

Well, guess what?  She came from me.  That's right.  Me.

It's been a rewarding and fulfilling, challenging and scary, journey during these 22 years.  Despite my missteps and failings, I think she turned out pretty well.

Kelly is the type of woman I wished that I could be.  Gregarious.  Humorous.  Beautiful and intelligent.  Sunny and upbeat.  Ambitious and ballsy.  As they say, "No flies on her."