Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Express yourself

From a prompt at paper coterie:  " Today, take a few moments to be still. Breathe in and out and just allow yourself to be and to feel. (I'll wait).

Well? How are you today? What is your body saying? How about your mind? Your heart? Listen to the shouts and the whispers and take it all in and then exhale. Now, get your camera and interpret those feelings.


While at work this morning, I sat at my desk, closed my eyes, and focused on my breathing.  The first thought that came to me was,

Be still and know that I am God.

I felt calm and at peace, and thought, "Nothing is too hard for me.  I can overcome any obstacle or accomplish any task."

And too, "It feels good to just not think, to concentrate on inhaling deeply, exhaling forcefully, and to focus on the words "Be still and know that I am God.  To still the running thoughts."